This webinar will stimulate discussion on issues and trends impacting the pharmacist workforce and identify how AACP and colleges/schools of pharmacy can accelerate change in the profession to improve medication use and permit pharmacists to work at the top of their education and licenses. There will be a 20-year overview of pharmacist supply and demand dynamics, current issues impacting pharmacy closures and pharmacists’ work, relevant material from the 2019 National Pharmacist Workforce Study, and AACP Strategic Priorities including public awareness and practice transformation.
The purpose of the AACP Continuing Professional Development program is to provide continuing professional development opportunities to members and others eligible who are dedicated to life-long learning. AACP will provide high quality, active, engaging educational programming enabling individuals to continuously improve their knowledge and skills.
The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
Attendees must score 80% on the post-test and complete the CE evaluation in order to obtain credit for this activity.
- Explain the current pharmacist supply and demand dynamics.
- Discuss current issues impacting pharmacy closures and pharmacists’ work.
- Discuss the latest findings from the 2019 National Pharmacists Workforce Study.
- Describe an example of a Value-Based Pharmacy Program.
- Articulate the AACP Strategic Priorities related to the Pharmacist Workforce.
Lucinda L. Maine
William R. Doucette
Release Date: Mar 25, 2020
Credit Expiration Date: Mar 25, 2023